A little bit of background knowledge:
SDA – Classification
All NDISP homes are registered with the NDIA. There are 4 levels of SDA registration that match to the level of SDA that can be approved in your NDIS Plan.
- High Physical Support
- Robust Care
- Fully Accessible
- Independent Living
- To apply for a property you will need to have SDA already approved in your plan or be in the process of applying for SDA.
- You must be 18 years old or over.
- SDA payments are very generous and in return the NDIA requires that you make a Reasonable Rent Contribution. This is set at 25% of your Disability Support Pension plus your Commonwealth Rent Assistance.
- Certain homes will require you to have a particular level SDA approved in your plan.
The SIL for a property will be advised on application. If you are a SIL and require places that would fill the entire property or all units in a complex please let us know.
So Now I Have Some Basic Knowledge, Where Do I Start?
- Fill in an NDISP Expression of Interest Form – filling in the form with as much detail as possible with help us ensure we get the right home for you
- Talk to your support coordinator/LAC or intermediary – You may be eligible for an SDA payment and are not aware
- Talk to your friends – If you can share your accommodation with a current friend, it would be an ideal situation. Let us know if you are applying with a friend
- NDISP will contact you – when a property that meets your criteria becomes available, NDISP or your SIL provider will contact you
- Agreements – All that’s required is a simple rental tenancy agreement. NDISP will claim the SDA payments directly from the NDIA and your Reasonable Rental Contribution of 25% of DSS payments directly from CenterLink.
- Move in – NDISP will work with you, your informal supports and care providers to ensure your move in smooth and care free. After moving in NDISP will continue to support you as the property manager.