Non SDA Property – NDISP Separating Tenancy from Care in Supported Independent Living for People Not Eligible for SDA
NDISP’s N-SDA Property – Disability Housing for People Not Eligible for Specialist Disability Accommodation
This week marks the start of something the NDISP team have been working on for a long time, people moving into the first of many Non-SDA Properties. We have developed a model with multiple different support worker organisations where we can separate support work from tenancy management in Supported Independent Living (SIL) housing.
Although it is not yet separated funding wise, we believe that the NDIS will have to provide an accommodation support model out of the SIL funding provided.
Property Managed the Same as SDA Property
NDISP has long term (5 year minimum periods, usually 10 years) leases over the properties where we are responsible for all maintenance and repairs. This gets things fixed fast and efficiently by our Yellow Card Helpers teams.
Our properties have access control and security cameras the same as our SDA Properties.
Benefits for NDIS Participants
- New or near new properties
- Maintained and repaired quickly
- Fully airconditioned to each room
- Choice and Control – tenancy is completely separate from support
- Long Term leases – up to 10 years
- Your contribution to the rent is similar to the RRC in SDA (providers make a further contribution on your behalf)
- Electricity at discounted rates and paid proportionally and invoiced separately
- Cheap fast Internet – paid proportionally and invoiced separately
Benefits for SIL Providers
- Quality new or near new properties in great locations
- Separation of tenancy management from support work – giving participants true choice and control
- Removal of all the hassle, no need to look for properties, organise maintenance, enter into leases, enter into agreements with tenants, split up electricity and phone bills, organise maintenance etc.
- Do what you do best, provide great support to people while we provide great properties.
Contact us to find out more